These treats are so easy to make and perfect for a class snack, cat-themed birthday party or, really, anytime! The treats do need a couple of hours to cool in between making them and cutting them out and decorating so give yourself plenty of time.
Kitty Cat Rice Krispies Treats
- Bunny cookie cutter
- Butter knife
- Paring knife
- Large saucepan
- 9 x 13 baking pan (greased)
- 24 oz Packages of Mini Marshmallows two 12-oz bags
- 1/2 c Butter salted or unsalted; your choice
- 8 c Rice Krispies brand cereal or another brand of crisped rice cereal
- 1 tub White frosting any brand
- 1 tube Black Wilton gel icing or another brand of gel icing
- 10 Candy hearts or M&Ms
- 20 Wilton candy eyes Or another brand of candy eyes
Rice Krispies Treats
- Slice butter into 4 equal parts and place in a large
saucepan, allowing it to melt about 3/4 of the way
- Once the butter is about 3/4 melted, add in the 2 packages
of marshmallows and turn the heat up to medium
- Stirring continuously, allow the marshmallows to melt about
3/4 of the way. Do NOT allow them to melt the entire way, as this will
overcook them. You actually want them still a little poofy in the saucepan
- Once the marshmallows melt about 3/4 of the way, add in the
crispy rice cereal, 2-3 cups at a time. Do not stir. Rather, fold them up
from the bottom of the saucepan, then press down, and then fold them up
again and then press down again
- Add in another 2-3 cups of the cereal and repeat the motion
of folding and pressing down. Repeat until you've added all of the cereal
- Pour the coated mixture into a 9×13 greased baking pan and
gently press down with a your hand or the back of a large spoon (I
sprayed mine with non stick spray so the bars wouldn't stick)
- Allow to cool a few hours before cutting with cookie
- Use the bunny shaped cookie cutter to cut the treats. My cookie cutter was about 3 inches tall, which made about 10 treats out of one 9 x 13 pan.
- Using a small paring knife, cut the bunny ears into smaller
triangular kitty ears. I played around with it and made 2 even and small
slices. Start with small cuts and you can always trim them more
- Frost each Kitty treat with white frosting and set aside
- Add 2 eyes and a nose to each treat.
- Finally, use the Wilton gel icing to give your kitty some
whiskers and a mouth.
We recommend products we use and love at the Boop . If you buy from one of our links, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.