Sometimes you need some cat ears in a hurry.
Ever had Brenda from accounting tell you with one days’ notice there would be a costume party at work? Or your preschooler comes home with an announcement that tomorrow is “dress as your favorite animal” day? Yeah, us too.
Whether you’re too busy, too tired, or just too over it to drive to Party City at 10 pm to wrangle a costume, sometimes you just want to get the most bang for the least effort. Enter our no-sew cat ears headband.
All you need are two pieces of felt, scissors, a headband, and a glue gun.
Super Easy No-Sew Cat Ears
- Plastic headband
- Glue gun
- 2 pieces of felt in contrasting colors
- Paper and pen if you want a template
- Glass of Pinot Gris (optional)
- Make the template: Fold the paper in half. Mark the width of the headband so there’s enough material to fold around it, then trace the triangles for the cat ears. Make them a little bigger than you think you should.
- Using the felt for the outer ear, fold in half and cut out two ears. You should have two big diamonds.
- Make the inner ear: Trace a triangle slightly smaller than the first one. Since this only goes on one side and doesn’t wrap around, you don’t need to worry about the headband width. Cut out two triangles.
- Place the ears around the headband to check for size, and trim if needed.
- Fire up the glue gun and stick those bad boys on. If they’re not perfect, don’t worry. If you cared that much you wouldn’t be here on a last minute project post. 😉
Why we love it:
This is a great project for little ones as well as adults in a rush. It’s inexpensive, and with a few various colors of felt would be a great party craft for a cat themed birthday party or costume party!
It can be easily modified if someone in the crowd wants to be a fox, a bear, or a Doberman.
It can be done start to finish in ten minutes. Meow!
We recommend products we use and love at the Boop . If you buy from one of our links, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.