Everyone’s brunching these days.
Mimosa for you, dagel for them. Let your pup be a part of Sunday tradition with a simple, savory doggie bagel they’ll love as much as you love your quiche lorraine (and if you’re like me, that’s a lot.)
Dagels- Bagels for Dogs
- 2/3 c low sodium broth
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Combine wet ingredients. This recipe is simple enough to mix by hand! Start by combining the egg (or in this case, egg replacer) and the broth in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Combine flour and baking powder. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and the baking powder. Then, mix into the wet ingredients.
- Stir in oats.
- Roll dough to 1/2 inch thick. This is a pretty sticky dough, so it’s easiest use a silpat or parchment paper to roll this out. You can also sprinkle flour on top to help manage stickiness. This is easiest when you roll out one at a time.
- Cut out circles with the large cookie cutter.
- Punch out holes in the middle with smaller cutter. Keep these and bake separately. Your dog won’t care. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy! And if you want to reallllly make your dog’s day, cover the top with 1 tbsp of Greek yogurt. You can even call it a donut. We won’t tell him.
We select products we use and love at the Boop . If you buy from one of our links, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.